We just got our new range. To some this probably seems like no big deal, but to me it is the coolest. When we build our home twelve years ago I wanted gas range. Jeff thought it was just too expensive. He talked me out of it when he pointed out that the kids would be able to touch the burner dials, the kids were 2 and 5. I caved. Disappointed I have spent the last 12 years making do with the electric range that I hate. As anyone with a traditional electric stove will tell you the burns don't last. Cooking eggs had become a true challege and Jeff wanted me to replace the burners. So at Home Depot I went. Once there, I stood in front of the display "doing the math" and went there is no way I am going to put this much money into a stove I hate. If nothing else I can get the gas line run into the house for what it is going to cost me for burners. So in June this year I had the gas run into the house. Now I need to find a deal on a gas stove. Not an easy task. Gas stoves last forever so I don't want to settle, I want what I want and because I know I am only going to get one chance I'm not going to cave. So this November I saw an ad for a gas stove that looked like it might work. Just one hitch, the store didn't have any on display so I would have to purchase it from a picture. So I asked if we had to take it if it showed up and we didn't like it. The store said that we could refuse the range if we didn't like it. So here it is. Everything I hoped for but didn't think we could find at our price point. Stainless Steel, 5 burners, cast iron continous grate, and self cleaning oven. I am over the moon. Thank you Jeff for all your patience, love and understanding. I love you.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment