Friday, November 21, 2008

Just when you think you have it...

College… My son, now a senior in High School is beginning the process of scholarships and college applications. As he faces this new world he is excited as well as, I suspect secretly terrified. We are a close family. Jeff being military we have picked up and moved leaving all our friends and our families. With our families not close enough to visit much he and his sister are pretty close. So this kid who we spent a summer visiting colleges with, is now dragging his feet to get the applications off. I will persevere; I know there was a time when I too buried my head in the sand when it came to applying for colleges. Regret is a tough business. Some opportunities only come up once. So, lately I have had to catch him as he dodges back into his room hoping to bury his nose in a book. He rolls his eyes, grumbles, huffs and then…”Now?” “ Yes, now.” Today it is hard being the mom, however he is such a good kid and student, he has big dreams. I know this is what it needs to be. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments: